Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Secondhand Opinion: Five Nights at Freddy's 3

Are you ready for Freddy...again?
It has been eight months since the original Five Nights at Freddy's appeared on the indie scene and it already has had two sequels. Now I am happy that a cheap indie game made by one person is getting a lot of attention, but I am getting a little burned out with this series. It not that the sequels are bad or anything, Five Nights of Freddy's 2 improved on the formula the first game established and Five Nights at Freddy's 3 tries do shake things up with some interesting new mechanics it seems. It just that the games are not spacing themselves out enough. Five Nights at Freddy's 2 was made three months after the original and now five months later we have yet another one and it is getting predicable in spite of my crippling phobia of fursuits and animatronics and I know I'm not the only one. But, regardless of my negative ramblings I'm going to at least check out the demo and the story seems pretty conclusive if what I've been seeing on social networks is true. So hopefully Scott Cawthon, the creator of Five Nights at Freddy's, will move onto making new projects. But, if he does indeed make another one can he at the very least give it a year so that when we come back to it it feels at little fresh again. I have my fingers crossed that this will be the last we see of Five Nights at Freddy's for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment