Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Secondhand Opinion: Until Dawn

Until Dawn is basically every horror movie ever experienced in a way no one has experienced before.

Part of me finds it hard to believe that Until Dawn is one of the best games of the year. I mean who would have thought that an what at its heart is an interactive horror movie that follows every trope in the book would be so enjoyable to both watch and play. For those that don't know Until Dawn is the first major game by Supermassive Games, which have spent the majority of their existence making spin off motion and mobile games for Sony, and the goal of the game is to guide eight teenagers who are trapped up in a remote mountain lodge to survive various horrors until help comes at dawn hence the title. I have yet to play the game myself, but I have watched two full playthroughs of the game. One where everyone lives and another where everyone dies. Both were equally fun to watch and the fact that most choices you make do have some sort of consequence, even if it is a fairly small one, is a nice touch. If you are a fan of horror movies and interactive narratives then you'll enjoy Until Dawn. I plan on renting it this weekend and streaming it for Halloween. I may know a lot of what's going to happen, but I just may let certain character dies just to see what happens. I already know I want Emily to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment