Friday, February 5, 2016

Secondhand Opinions: XCOM 2

Join Us or Become Them.

The idea of leading an elite team of soldiers against an overwelming alien enemy while balancing researching alien tech and support from countries around the world is just great to me. That is why I absolutely adore XCOM: Enemy Unknown despite the fact that I'm absolutely shit at it. Even when playing on Easy Mode I always end up either losing my best soldier, researching the wrong tech, and losing support from an important country country, having all my rookies devastated by giant alien monsters I wasn't prepared for, or all of the previous things I said all happening at once. When the expansion Enemy Within was released I just decided rather then try and play a game I was complete shit at I would instead watch Let's Plays of people that were actually good at the game and I really enjoyed doing that.
XCOM 2 features many new alien threats to face and many new weapons and tools to face them with.

Now with XCOM 2 out I'm probably going to do the same especially with it now being PC exclusive and my five year old laptop praying sweet release of death just running Steam. XCOM 2 also changes up the XCOM fomula in a very interesting way. Instead of being the commander of a global organization with the backing of every major country on your side you are now a rebel leader leading a small group of freedom fighters up against an alien controlled Earth. The reviews from most major gaming outlets have been very positive and gaming commentator TotalBiscuit, who is a big fan of XCOM, has given XCOM 2 a very positive impression. So if you are a big fan of turn based tactics games and have a beefy PC gaming rig give XCOM 2 a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment